Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

Tick, Tock, it's past 12 o'clock!! - I'm Featured Member on CCG 209

I was pleased to be invited as Featured Member for Challenge 209 this week. It's been a sad time as my DB passed away after a 2 year fight against cancer. Crafting helps me take my mind off my worries and upsets so I accepted the Challenge. Bright tangerine colours, grey and dark teal matched my moods exactly, as I celebrated his life one minute and was sad and upset the next. The Designers Challenge is to include photos of single people/objects as in the inspiration photo.
The colours screamed Panto land and the photgraph reminded me of the photos I had for Mom's Surprise 90th Birthday Party when we dressed her chair and gave her a crown. I chose to frame the photos in the contrasting grey and teal shades as the photos had the orange colours in them.

The clock came from a leaflet and with the fingers set at 5 past 12, I was inspired to hint at the "Cinderella losing her slipper" idea, for the title. I made the shoe by drawing freehand and cutting out in the lightened grey paper adding the orange pearls to match the tiara in the photo of Mom.

The dolls head is perched on the shelf of patterned paper as the bust is, in the inspiration photo with the ribbon and organza bow echoing the fabric of the chair in my photo. The paper strips behind the photos were all chosen for their colour and pattern, with ribbon being wrapped around the middle one and strips of the contrasting teal threaded through.
The flower was hand-drawn and cut from 3 of the 4 coloured papers with an orange brad in the centre

Background papers from Colourbok 12x12 Pad called Sweet Bloom.
Other patterned papers from Stampin up, Papermania
Grey paper from Dovecraft - Leigh Bourne Paper Pack.
Silver White paint was used to lighten the grey paper and also to cover the checks on the background paper.I used a Coral Letraset Marker pen to colour Mom's dress to the correct colour.
Dolls head from Altered Elements.
Orange ribbon, brad in flower and organza strips from my stock.
Self adhesive Pearls from Papermania.
Sliver grey lettering from Papermania.
Daisy punch by X Cut

4 comments:

  1. What a great layout Jean, I loved how you dressed your mums chair up Im sure she felt like a little girl again rather than the 90 she was actually celebrating. I know it has been a tough week and I am so glad that you had this project to keep your mind off it all and focus on something good. Well done for taking on this challenge and joining us at CCG. Always a lively and active member and I hope that now your brother is resting peacefully and pain free. Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful LO, and congrats on being featured again! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Fi and Val for your welcome comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean, very sorry to hear about your brother, sending you big hugs.

    Fantastic layout, it must have been a fun and lovely day for you and your Mum. Nice colour combo too, I'll try and remember to use that in a card sometime. you really seem to be enjoying the CCG challenges, well done on being featured again! CoB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!