Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Precious Girl! - Challenges at OUAS, Berry71Bleu and CCG #239





Hi everyone Happy Monday to you all.  Here's the second of my challenge LO's this month.  The photo of Daisy is from our Easter Sunday trip to Sunnycroft House at the Easter Egg Hunt featured in my previous LO HERE.

The challenge at Once upon a Sketch is to use their sketch and journal about a momentous event or time in your life. Just right for the photo of Daisy.


I hid my journalling under the the flowery tag which reads:-Daisy Ann is such a precious gift. She's growing fast and asserting her independence!  Easter Sunday we went on an Egg Trail at Sunnycroft House.  She insisted on trying to read the map and find her own eggs.
Over at Berry71Bleu their April challenge is to use flowers so I scattered my flowers around, you can see a large pink camelia, a present from Mitra, some smaller die cutsand roses made from bandage.
My friend Fi has a great LO on her blog created for CCG.   
Their current challenge#239  is to use their colour combo and take further inspiration from the photos.
 I've used :- 
a) colour wash on my bandage flowers. Photo 1 and 4
b) Placed bling on my die cut flowers. Photo 1
c) Overlaid my bird with a semi transparent patterned acetate. Photo 2
d) Layered my bird on a metal cage and handmade paper. Photo3
e) Stitched a border around my corners and used bandage and ribbon for my flowers.

Lastly, I made the butterfly from Stampin Up paper using a chipboard butterfly, a free gift from Crafts Beautiful.  I traced around the shapes and cut with a craft knife. 
Whew I've spent about four hours uploading all this only to press a wrong button and lost it!!!  Grrr
This is a less detailed version so I'm sorry if I've missed anything but my hands are too sore now for much more typing.  Let me know if you have any questions.  

As always, thank you for visiting and for any sweet comments you leave.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO, love the colours and decorations. Your granddaughter is growing up very fast! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! LOVING the layers and the butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabolous layering and detail work - just beautiful!
    Thank you for joining us at OUAS in April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow fab LO, your granddaughter looks as if she's enjoying the egg hunt, and yes they grow up so quickly, so enjoy every moment while they are young...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely Jeanie! Can't believe you cut that butterfly by hand! That's amazing!! Feel free to link back to my blog with your post - very kind of you and so glad I inspired you!! Keep well xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. a beautiful enchanting creation Jeanie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous layering and what a stunning page! I just love how your photo really pops from the page! Thanks for joining us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops, I missed this when you first posted it, but I saw your layout today when I uploaded to OUAS &B71B (I combined those challenges this month too). I am glad that I'm finally getting to see this pretty page of yours. I especially love the beautiful flowers and the intricate butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty layout! Love all of your details! Thanks for joining us a Berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!