Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

I Did It! - Story for Storytelling Sunday!



This scrapbook page which you can see more of  HERE was done last month for another challenge and had a funny story with it that I thought I'd share at Sunday Story on Sian's blog.


After bringing up my family, I went back to University and studied hard for 5 years part-time while I worked full-time too. I did it and in 1994 got my certificate in Business Studies.

This photo was taken at my Cap n' gown ceremony organised at the Town Hall in Birmingham.  I was also awarded Student of the Year by the tutors of my course which was a big honour.

What you can't see is that I'd been so nervous I'd been nipping to the loo every 2 mins beforehand and nearly missed my walk up the stairs to the platform.

After the presentation we had to wait around for our photos to be taken and then the gowns were handed back.  Imagine my embarrassment to find my skirt, under my gown, had been tucked into my underclothes for the whole ceremony!!! As I removed my gown there I was, revealed to the whole room!!!

My husband and Mum had gone with me to the ceremony but my husband was too embarrassed  and walked out, leaving Mum and I to tuck into a nice buffet laid on by the University.

One of those never to be forgotten embarrassing moments!




8 comments:

  1. whoohwhoo! I am so glad you played along with Story Telling Sunday!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mitra. Off to read yours now.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear on the dress but YEAH on the graduation and being chosen Student of the Year. Nice page too - I like the scroll. I got my Diploma in Business Administration in 1994 - but no cap and gown there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coincidence. Thank you for reading my story.

      Delete
  3. This must have left you with very red cheeks - I mean, of course, the ones on your face! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story! I love how you can laugh about it now :) and what an achievement. I take my hat off to you

    Thanks for giving us a smile this month. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear! I'm glad you can look back and laugh. The important thing is that you did it!!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!