Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Catch up news!

Hi folks so much has been happening this month in my life and it's been too hectic to  scrap.  My fingers are itching to get down and do it but..........

First off I've been away with Daisy to Cumbria and the Lakes on the train which we really enjoyed.
Starting our trip - our train was late so we were stuck waiting for the next one for nearly 2 hours!
Here's Daisy with my friends' two sons at the Haverthwaite Steam Railway station in Cumbria.
We stayed in my friends' hotel overlooking Morecombe Bay, this is taken looking out of our bedroom.
Here they're riding a croc at the Animal Park!

I had an incident on the way back where I was scalded quite badly from a full cup of hot water at the train station cafe in Preston which scalded my knee with my brace on.  Very painful but we did get to ride back in First Class!!
On the way home!
Our first time and it was very comfortable, clean and with air con. Brilliant. The staff were very kind and gave me a burn gel pack to stop the blistering too much.  As you can see Daisy loved her new hat!!!


I was just recovering from that when a friend phoned to come to stay for a few days and we had a lovely time exploring Shropshire which culminated with a trip to the theatre, my birthday treat from her and my other friend Mary.  We saw The Lion King.  Breathtaking, wonderful and the best feel good show ever.  Forget London, come up to Birmingham and see it at the Birmingham Hippodrome.  They put on a fantastic show! 

I'm so lucky to have such lovely people in my life.

My other good news is about MY MOM. Finally, the x rays show her leg is healing over the plates she has in her hip and leg and she can at last bear her full weight on the leg without fear it's going to break again.  She still has a mammoth task to get back on her feet but she's determined to have a go!  What a star she is!!!  I'm so proud of her and her attitude to all she's endured since last December.  

Sorry I haven't been doing any Blog hopping and leaving comments but hopefully next month will be less hectic.

It's a long weekend holiday this weekend in the England so have a good weekend wherever you are and thanks for reading this far.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!