Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

I Just Love Being a GIRL! - Once Upon A Sketch November Challenge-2

Hi everyone there's another challenge over at OUAS to use Nadia Cannizzo's sketch to tell why you love being a Woman. Here is my LO which just fell together in a couple of hours.


The papers are all old stock, the patterned one I know is Basic Grey October Afternoon,just love it. The flowers are handmade from book text coloured with inks and gesso mixed, the centres are some I handmade from Sculpy clay and stamped with a stamp from the Papermania oriental collection. Dress form from Wendy Vecchi and tree stamp from Nitwit collections.
The extra journalling on my Tags reads as follows: TITLE TAG 1- "I just LOVE being a GIRL!^
TAG 2- "I maybe a Grandma now but I've always loved being FEMALE! The Domestic life; caring for my family has always been paramount to me. Fashion and fast cars have never bothered me."
TAG 3- "I've always been contented to make my own clothes, grow and cook my own food, but I LOVE PINK! Now I'm a Grandma I'm enjoying passing on my skills to my 3 Granddaughters."
TAG 4 - Thesaurus definition of WOMAN: n.sl.bird,bride,(old use)dame, (old use) damsel, daughter, dowager, female, GIRL, GIRLFRIEND, HOUSEWIFE, LASS, LADY, MAIDEN, WIFE, MOTHER.

Thank you so much for looking and any sweet words you leave me, I love them all and it spurs me on to keep crafting when I know others find my work pleasing to them.

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful LO, great style and lovely colours, too! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous lo! Love all the bits and pieces that you so beautifully put together...fab, just fab! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que lindo LO rosa!! Adorei sua foto feliz e suas lindas flores!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers and those gorgeous pinks (and the embroidered hearts)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! Love all your little details, especially those flowers and your journalling. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow Jeanie you are on fire girl ... this is so awesome ... every page you do is more and more awesome and I love your new look header .... I am so proud of you Jeanie ... keep going and never look back !!!!! hugz x
    sometimes it is when we are in the dark times that we see the light .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Jean! What a very pretty layout & I love your journaling too!! Thanks for coming along to join us at Once Upon a Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jean,...another stunner.
    Love your reasons and love those awesome hand made flowers of yours!!
    So glad you wanted to play along with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jean! Your layout is so beautiful!!! I looove your handmade flowers, they are gorgeous!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW....how creative! And I love all the pink!!! This is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish my pages just fell together in an hours so beautifully!
    Wonderful work!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, loving those blooms, gorgeous layout, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous take on the sketch and the challenge. I love the pink and the tags and flowers look wonderful. Great page and thanks for joining us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jean..THANKS so much for supporting us at OUAS. Thank you for having our link on your sidebar and your lovely words.

    Your take on the challenge is fabulous! LOVE LOVE that you went ALL pink..love that the layout is about you! Just awesome work. SO happy you decided to join us at OUAS. Take care and all the very best! xoxox Nadia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jean thanks for your visit on my blog! I also loved your take on this challenge - all pink is lovely! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a gorgeous page.
    Thanks for playing along at Once Upon A Sketch.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore ur style. So fun and artsy THANKS FOR JOINING!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funky layout, that tree is so cute, just a fun page.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great page. Just love all your details and embellishmnets.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a very feminine, beautiful, lovely layout!! Well done!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!