Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

DREAMS - My second page for Aother Freaking Scrapbook Challenge!

This is the follow up page to TIL WE MEET AGAIN in my last post.  I enlarged the photo of Grandad Sanders and framed it with a ready made frame coloured with distress inks.  I added various elements and stamped images from Kaiserkraft and Katzelcraft with some die cut elements from TH and Stampin up dies. The paper is from the same range - Kaiserkraft Bee-u-tiful but in the green and yellow colours which were the perfect foil for the page. I added a big flower made from the offcuts using the tattered florals die by TH. Title letters and numbers also from Stampin up new dies.


Grandad's hope for peace by Christmas didn't happen.  Being in the Royal Artillery meant he was at the front in France, repairing the big guns when they broke down and was under pressure to get them working.  He wouldn't see his family for three years!  He had to spend time in a sanitorium after his discharge,due to the Poison Gas he inhaled and was never to enjoy good health again.

 I'm linking it to Another Freaking Scrappy challenge blog.

Hope you like my page and thank you for looking..


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Thank you for joining in at AFSC It is a sad story. I hope you have added the story to the back of your layout The colour scheme looks fantastic with your page
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary thank you so much for your lovely comments. Yes I have put the story on the back of a tag behind the photo, xx

      Delete
  2. oh goodness the story you are telling here, giving me the chills! I love that huge flower, oh my! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mitra. It needed to be preserved didn't it. x

      Delete
  3. Lovely work, Jean !
    However, the war was the first 'modern' war, gas was being used for the first time ever (and other things too). The common soldiers weren't prepared for it at all. This was a horrible war, but alas, so many others followed (with even more 'vile' instruments) and still happen.
    I wonder : will mankind ever learn ?

    Apart from that : this is a lovely tribute, Jean !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mia. I think I agree with you will man ever learn that wars are futile!

      Delete
  4. Jeanie - this is exceptional - loving the design and the beautiful colours! Thanks so much for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment Anne. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!