Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

My Nature Wall hanging. - Craft Stamper Take Make it Challenge

I loved Kaz Hall's project "Turn Up the Heat" in the September 2013  issue of Craft Stamper.  I've had it pinned on my wall as a project to try, ever since!  I immediately thought I'd make it for the Make & Take challenge in the August 2014 issue. 
Little did I know how long it would take me, I've just scraped in before the deadline for entries.
I followed the technique Kaz used pretty much the same except I didn't have any heat resistant acetate for the insects. Instead I used my Melt pot to cover some real autumn leaves and used my stencil from Indigo Blu with Goldfinger acrylic paint also from Indigo Blu, on black card.  I had fun with the distressing of the cardboard and added lots of Tim Holz distress inks which I also used to colour my photograph paper, spritzing it at once to make the colours merge a little.  Using the free daisy stamp by Anneke De Clerck from the August 2014 Issue; I had more fun stamping and embossing in the background and also fussy cutting for one of the panels.



The sentiment and background mesh stamps  are by Indigo Blu. I liked the metal embellishments after using them at a workshop with Hels Sheridan at The Crafty Bunch, Telford. and I think they finish it very well.

I hope you enjoy looking at my Wall Hanging and thank you for your visit.

10 comments:

  1. Great texture and colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a fabulous wall hanging, gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining in the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous .... gorgeous colours too. Thanks for joining in with the Take It Make It challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful warm rich toned project:-) Thanks for joining us at the Take it Make it challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Jeanie, so much detail going on! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Blog Challenge this month! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!