Pages

Thursday 20 January 2011

A fFunny Day!

I had to be up at the crack of dawn today!! Well that's what it felt like, at 6.15. I had a mammogram booked for 7.45am at the mobile unit a few streets away, Ughh. I rose, showered and dressed with my eyes shut then went to seek toast tea and pills. I opened the front door at 7.30 to a white freezing world. Thje car was completely covered in white icy frost and the windscreen was frozen solid. I had a choice of trying to scrapethe ice off everywhere, thereby risking frostbite in my sausage fingers or sticking gloved hand in pocket, and walking with my stick in left hand.

Boy!!!! I wont do that again.

It's been awhile since I actually walked anywhere further than the post box, and as I had been feeling so bad I thought the walk would do me good.

When I got back home I felt sympathy for the Innuits I can tell you. Then I had a nice surprise, my fav craft store, Melbicks, sent me a reward voucher for £65! Naturally I had to go this afternoon and see if there was anything I needed in the sale they had. Funny it seemed to be spent very quickly. lol Cheered me up no end though. I'll try and list what I got later.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to battle through the arctic wastes to get to your appt, but your nice surprise this afternoon must have been a big consolation! Hope you enjoyed your spend! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yhanks Val yes I did, but everything is still in it's wrapping waiting for the MOJO to return!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!