Pages

Monday 9 January 2012

Chaotic Times -Scrapbook Challenge No 1 at (CSI - Colour, Story, Inspiration).

There’s a  challenge at the new scrapbook challenge site CIS where you have to use the colour combo stated and build up a page around a series of clues and inspirational elements.  Click here for more information. Why don’t you give it a go.


My page was inspired by the word “Chaos” in the challenge.  This photo of me with my grdrs in 2000 made me remember how chaotic life had become after they were born.  I looked after them regularly while their Mom worked and those days,  were chaotic!!!  I found a pack from Scrapbook Magazine issued with the 2011 March Issue as a freebie. (Please don’t quote me on that as I’m not certain of the month.)  I loved the colours and the ladybirds on the patterned paper and decided to use it on my LO.  It reminded me of the chaos of Spring with all the insects scurrying about in our garden.
The photo was ok but I didn’t like the  garden umbrella pole which cut the photo in half.  I made an umbrella from the grey paper and made it a feature  by rolling paper underneath to make it stand out. The quote was from the freebie pack too.
Other elements I added
1. Pine,  the fencing in the photo.
2. Repeat stamp background, a circle stamp made by stamping with a wine cork with TH Distress Ink in Forest Moss. This gave a lovely broken circle which  I kept light as there was already plenty of pattern.  I also introduced another patterned paper by adding lines in the required colours, of varying thickness, on a piece of graph paper. (seen below the photo)  I really enjoyed doing this!! How sad is that?!!!!
3. Lacy element, with paper buttons and borders.   I stamped and embossed a lace stamp from my stock with the same ink as above and clear embossing powder.  A little of the tan colour crept onto my paper during this process???? which I thought was great so I cut my circles for the buttons to incorporate the extra colour.(Bottom rt.)  I also used my lacy border punch at the top and bottom of my LO.
4. I used journaling on my
5. tags, which also
 6. rhymed and
7. numbered them.
I must admit that while I found the papers easily, arranging them, adding the rhyming journaling and pulling it all together without it looking too jumbled was a real challenge!!  I’m not sure whether I’ve done it but I hope people will look at it and smile at my words which say….”Tag 1. Chaotic was my life when you were both so small, I lived in dread that you would climb up somewhere and fall.” Tag 2. You had the knack of knowing what would invoke my alarm.  While I was looking after you I would hate for you to come to any harm!  Tag 3. The only way I could watch you both was to sit you on my knee.  Then hug and tickle you, ‘til you both cried out with glee!!
Well that’s all folks, hope you like it and thank you for any sweet comments you leave for me. xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, cheerful layout - I really love your umbrella idea too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!