Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Scrap for Help - New Year Challenge - Angel in a bottle! and Featured Member. for December

Over at Scrap for Help  I have been a featured member for my December LO of the Nativity.  Thank you so much all those who voted for me.  Really appreciate all the comments I had.  This month's challenge is all about New things.
Hope you like my little bottle with the angel inside. Sorry about the photos but it's deep Winter here and the light is awful.   My Angel in a bottle was made as a New Year present for a good friend and was inspired by the little angels I had made for my House of Angels and my Angel tags (To come in other challenges) I used an empty food colouring bottle, washed, dried and the metal ring cut from the neck.
The lid was covered in glue, sprinkled with Arctic Lake Ultra thick embossing crystals from Creative Expressions and left to dry. I poured a little Mod Podge glue into the bottle and swished it around letting it run up one side of the bottle. Before it dried I poured more crystals into the bottle to stick to the glue.
Cut 2 angels from white embossed tissue paper, (make sure they’re back to back) approx 1 ½ ins high, for my bottle. Measure a length of a white plastic straw to reach the top of your crystals in the bottom of the bottle and up to the top of your bottle. Using D/S tape glue the angels back to back at the bottom of your straw so they’re sandwiched between it. Wind some white ribbon cord from Papermania around the top of the straw for decoration. Measure and Cut 2 circles the same from the neck of the bottle and pierce a hole in the middle. Glue together and place this on top of the straw, Place the whole thing into the bottle, folding the the Angel in at the neck, it will then open out into the wider part.


Top off with the ribbon cord and ribbon around the neck and add the cap. I also made a base to stand it on by covering a ribbon spool with the same white tissue paper and adding ribbon pearls.


Add a computer printed Angel quote on a label.
Other ideas would be to make a little Christening gift, a Wedding keepsake with a ring or Valentine Heart which I’ve also got ready to do.

Thank you for looking and any sweet love you leave. xx

6 comments:

  1. so cute jean, I love it...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning Jean and congrats to you for being featured .. your work is so beautiful and inspiring ..xoxo
    Baden received a glowing report from the surgeon yesterday... he said he does not need to see Baden for another 4 months ..
    sleeping is still a problem but that will dissolve when he can lie more naturally I am sure... yep he can roll over now woohoo !! so pleased for him ... thanks for all your care and love Jeannie...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and a great idea! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and a lovely idea congrats on your feature!
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a gorgeus work!!!!
    Lovely
    Thanks for playing in SFH!!
    Big huges and kisses
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!