Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

Peace on a perfect Summer's Day - berry71bleu, LESSology, Scrap for Help, Let's Get Trendy challenges

 This page started out with a theme of summer and what it means most to me which is the challenge at berry71bleu this month.

My challenge consists in making a project about your favorite activity in Summer and use bright colors in it.  You might love going to the beach, gardening, scrapbooking, watching the kids play in the park, go on vacation or simply sitting down to enjoy a cold glass of lemonade!!! 
 I also wanted to incorporate other challenges as I am too slow these days to make multiple pages every month.  Over at Lets get trendy now3 there are 5 techniques being demonstrated the first one being NEON. You can enter for all 5 if you want and win an extra RAK.  At LESSology the challenge is to use beads on your project as well as upcycling, and at Scrap for Help they're asking for wood related items on your project as well as recycling.
 I started with these as inspiration, plus the photo of me and poem I wrote, it sums up what I love most about Summer.
 Living in the middle of the UK you cant get much further away from the sea and my trips are becoming less frequent so I really went to town on this page! Lol.
The beach hut, table, chair and plant support started life as coffee stirrers, saved from many drinks purchased on my trips to see Mom, plus a twig cut up for the cross members, coloured in NEON with Papermania markers bought for half price in a sale.
 The climber growing up the side of the hut is a tomato vine from a veg pack, sprayed with Dylusions ink spray with stickles in the stalks. I made the parasol by cutting a long piece of blue paper, pleated and secured then added the middle die cut scalloped circle with a glass bead to top it off. The steps are the leftover twig split and glued to bubble wrap, coated with gold paint for the beach.  I added glass beads and the green mesh to represent fishing net washed up on the beach, plus a feather and some wire.  The waves were old watercolour paper torn into strips. 
 My poem around the page reads.......
 Peace the breezes whisper all around the bay
 Leaves rustle gently through the trees
 Far off voices drift on the breeze
Peace they seem to say
Waves lap gently on the sandy shore
Birds fly high, then swoop and soar
Peace their songs sing sweetly
Peace they seem to say ........

Oh and I used my watercolour pencils to add some extra colour in the photo of me, taken in 1995!

Thank you everyone for looking and any words you leave, I do truly appreciate them,

15 comments:

  1. Great job combining FOUR challenges--you've got me beat there, LOL! I love all your handmade page elements, your artistic touches, and your wonderful poem. Thanks for sharing your lovely page at S4H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the textures!!! Thanks for playing along with LESSology and Let's Get Trendy 3!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO, lovely bright colours! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the texture and colors on your amazing layout! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Trendy Now! 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I love this. So many fun things to look at and amazing textures here Jean!

    Thanks for joining us at LESSology and Let's Get Trendy Now!3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an awesome layout, thanks for sharing it with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such colorful page and the torn paper and bead effect is so great! Thanks for sharing with us at berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of the different elements you used on your layout. So bright and colorful. Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love all the textures here and the bright colors....Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love every element on your FUN page! Thank you for playing along with Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome ... love the textures the colours too! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology!!! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am admiring the design & textures on your page. Lovely work & great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jean, I am back to thank you for sharing your GORGEOUS page with us at Scrap for Help :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness Jean, I have been by before, but for some reason do not see my comment. But I have had a second AND third eye ball on your page here my friend and I can say that that little bath house and the tomato vine is PURE GENUS!!! You really worked this page over well with the reycling and the hand made elements! SO glad you linked up over at LESSology! ROCK STAR!

    Hugs!

    Mitra

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great job Jeanie & I see you got a mention at Lessology - congratulations - well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving some blog love!